Injured in a vehicle accident? Protect your rights ─ talk to a good personal injury lawyer.
Even minor vehicle accidents can cause long-term pain and suffering. Car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle and other vehicle accident victims often experience significant medical bills, emotional distress, lost wages, and property damage. A major accident can end in serious and permanent injuries, even death. That’s why it’s important to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer to discuss who will pay for property damage and medical expenses. An insurance company does not put your best interest first – even if it is your own insurer.
After an accident, it takes time to determine just how serious your injury is, what medical treatment you need, and how much your lost wages will be. Some insurers will press to settle your case as soon as possible – and for as little money as possible. If you accept a settlement without legal counsel, it may be impossible to ask for more, even if your health care or property costs are more than you expected.
An attorney who represents you in a personal injury claim will:
- Establish liability for the car accident by preserving evidence and interviewing witnesses
- Ensure that you receive the proper medical care as you recover from your injuries
- Help you understand the law, including statutes of limitations
- Collect the necessary medical records and help you document your injuries properly so that you receive full compensation
- Ensure that you receive the compensation to which you are rightfully entitled
- Negotiate a settlement that takes into account all future medical and financial needs
- Go to court if that is best for your case
You have rights – and you deserve fair compensation. Make sure the personal injury attorney you choose has courtroom experience and is willing to take the fight forward when it’s in your best interest. Don’t settle for less.